REC BOWLING: PLT rolls to league title
May 3, 2018
This year's bowling league at the Grass Valley Vets Hall came down to just two points.
The Pro Leisure Tour-Crazy Horse (PLT) team won the overall league title, edging the team from SPD, which was coming on strong at the end of the year.
It's the third championship in the last 6 years for PLT. The team is comprised of Dave Preston, Steve Ferlong, Mike Whittle, Garen Gouveia, Tim "TDub" Walker and Greg Smith.
At the season ending tournament, The Walk-Aways and SPD ended up tied for the tourney championship.
Individually, Smith had the best league average for the season.
Travis McMaster, Mike Thompson and Don Hughes won the inaugural Nielson Award, which is named after longtime bowler Sean Nielson's son Tyler Nielson who spent multiple years setting pins for the league. The Nielson Award will be given to the "Ironman of the league" each year.
Recommended Stories For You
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)
- ROWING: Accomplished rower looks to share sport he loves with others
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners travel to Fairfield for final non-league bout
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union tennis tops Oakmont; Bear River golf remains unbeaten in league play
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- That’s the spirit: Nevada County’s first locally-crafted spirits make their debut