PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union student athletes sign college commitments
March 6, 2018
A pair of Miners will soon be putting their athletic ability on display at the collegiate level as Nevada Union's Kaitlin Trace and Michael Trujillo signed their respective College National Letters of Intent in February.
Trace will be attending and playing softball at Northeastern Junior College in Sterling, Colorado. Trujillo will stay in state, attending and playing lacrosse at Sonoma State.
During Trace's junior year with the Lady Miners, she batted .333 with two home runs, five doubles and a team-high 18 RBIs.
Trujillo is a standout player for the local lacrosse club team, the Gold Country Stampede.
Both student athletes signed their National Letter of Intent at a ceremony held at Nevada Union.
Coaches may submit game reports or other information by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)
- SENIOR SOFTBALL: Tuff Grass claims Gold Country Senior Softball Tourney Championship
- ROWING: Accomplished rower looks to share sport he loves with others
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners travel to Fairfield for final non-league bout
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info