PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union student athletes sign college commitments
March 6, 2018
A pair of Miners will soon be putting their athletic ability on display at the collegiate level as Nevada Union's Kaitlin Trace and Michael Trujillo signed their respective College National Letters of Intent in February.
Trace will be attending and playing softball at Northeastern Junior College in Sterling, Colorado. Trujillo will stay in state, attending and playing lacrosse at Sonoma State.
During Trace's junior year with the Lady Miners, she batted .333 with two home runs, five doubles and a team-high 18 RBIs.
Trujillo is a standout player for the local lacrosse club team, the Gold Country Stampede.
Both student athletes signed their National Letter of Intent at a ceremony held at Nevada Union.
Coaches may submit game reports or other information by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union, Forest Lake Christian gear up for semifinal bouts
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Bear River grad Nerissa Eason tosses gem for Oregon State
- PREP WRESTLING: Bear River grapplers Smith, Canizalez headed to Masters
- YOUTH BASKETBALL: Union Hill Bearcats claw way to tourney championship
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River Bruins, FLC Falcons fall in playoff bouts