PREP SPORTS: Nevada Union student athletes sign college commitments
March 6, 2018
A pair of Miners will soon be putting their athletic ability on display at the collegiate level as Nevada Union's Kaitlin Trace and Michael Trujillo signed their respective College National Letters of Intent in February.
Trace will be attending and playing softball at Northeastern Junior College in Sterling, Colorado. Trujillo will stay in state, attending and playing lacrosse at Sonoma State.
During Trace's junior year with the Lady Miners, she batted .333 with two home runs, five doubles and a team-high 18 RBIs.
Trujillo is a standout player for the local lacrosse club team, the Gold Country Stampede.
Both student athletes signed their National Letter of Intent at a ceremony held at Nevada Union.
Coaches may submit game reports or other information by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims