PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union volleyball trounces Woodcreek
October 3, 2017
The Nevada Union girls volleyball team made it three straight wins in Sierra Foothill League play with a straight set victory over Woodcreek, 25-10, 25-20, 25-15, Monday at Albert Ali Gymnasium.
Nevada Union was balanced in its attack against the Timberwolves, getting seven kills or more from four different players. Leading the way was senior outside hitter and team captain Regan Heppe with a team-high eight kills. Seniors Greta Kramer and Danica Minard as well as sophomore Faith Menary each tallied seven kills.
Setting up the hitters was junior setters Rebekah McGill and Vanessa Enriquez with 22 and nine respectively.
Leading the defense was Meadow Aragon with two blocks. McGill led the team with five digs.
The Lady Miners were especially strong with their serve in the win, notching 19 total aces from seven different players in the match. Payton Cook led the ace parade with seven.
In addition to it being the Lady Miners (21-8, 3-3 SFL) third league win in a row, the victory was also their seventh in their last eight matches.
Recommended Stories For You
Nevada Union starts the second half of league play at 6:30 p.m. tonight when it hosts Folsom. The Bulldogs beat the Lady Miners in a tightly contested four set match earlier this season.
BEAR RIVER 225, CENTER 292
The Lady Bruins improved to 4-1 with a lopsided victory over Center Monday.
Playing on its home Lake of the Pines Golf Course, Bear River was led by Hannah Prosser with a 36 on the par-35 course. Prosser was the day's medalist. Next for Bear River was Kalei Owen with a 43, Dominique Peter with a 45, Bella Betula with a 49 and Serenity Edwards with a 52.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Lady Miners top league foe Lincoln; FLC soars past Delta
- All-time great linebacker Matt Beck to be inducted into Nevada Union Athletics Hall of Fame
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union’s comeback falls short against Lincoln
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Menary goes on scoring surge; Sumner beats ranked opponent
- YOUTH VOLLEYBALL: Lyman Gilmore earns 7th grade large school championship
- Grass Valley man accused of threatening to kill, gut officers
- Snow, rain totals for Nevada County beating last year
- Authorities rule Roseville woman’s death a suicide
- Meet Your Merchant: Business started when owner found a niche during the Great Recession
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman says someone threatened, urinated on her