PREP ROUNDUP: Bear River golf tops Lindhurst in league opener; FLC volleyball downs Futures in straight sets
September 8, 2018
Bear River's girls golf team teed off the league season with a big win over Lindhurst Thursday at the Plumas Lake Golf Club.
The Lady Bruins had their top five players all shoot 46 or lower on the par-35 course to earn a 128-stroke victory, 215-343.
Leading Bear River was Corina Shaw with a 2-over par 37. Hannah Prosser was next with a 43. Dominique Peter carded a 44. Julia Picente finished with a 45. And, Kalei Owen rounded out the scoring with a 46.
The victory improves the Lady Bruinsto 2-0 overall and 1-0 in Pioneer Valley League play.
Forest Lake Christian 3,
Recommended Stories For You
Forest Lake Christian's girls volleyball team earned its first win of the season Thursday, taking down Futures in straight sets, 25-16, 25-17, 25-13.
Leading the Lady Falcons' attack was Lilly Sween and Taylor Dunn with seven kills each. Sween also had four blocks and three aces in the win.
Setting the FLC hitters was Bella O'Neill and Mackenzie Wickstrom, with 12 assists and 11 assists, respectively.
Elle Wood also had a strong game for the Lady Falcons, notching five kills to go with 10 digs and three aces. Raegan Tanon led the team in digs with 21.
Next up for the Lady Falcons (1-3) is a road match at Bradshaw Christian Monday.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- AUTO RACING: Rossi takes 7th at Sonoma, finishes 2nd in points race
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners rip through River City for 2nd straight win (VIDEO/PHOTO GALLERY)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Bruins crush Encina Prep, improve to 5-0 (PHOTO GALLERY)
- Rossi in hunt for IndyCar’s season title in Sonoma finale (TIMELINE/VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: In the wake of tragedy Dawson Fay finds solace in the game he loves
- UPDATED: Fire units on scene at structure fire on Mill Street in Grass Valley
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Nevada County Fair board ousts CEO Rea Callender
- Hospital merger meeting set for Monday in Grass Valley