PREP ROUNDUP: Bear River girls soccer tops Colfax
February 12, 2017
The Bear River girls soccer team shutout Pioneer Valley League rival Colfax, 1-0, Friday to hand the Lady Falcons their first loss of the season.
The Lady Bruins broke a 0-0 stalemate in the first minute of the second half by taking the kickoff through the Colfax defense. Cameron Ramsour and Savannah Collyer combined on a couple of give and goes with the last pass from Collyer to Ramsour who then slotted the ball past the keeper with no hesitation.
Bear River's keeper Natalie Hubacz was stellar, making several saves in the first half to keep the game scoreless. Through seven league games this season, Hubacz has four shutouts.
The Lady Bruins defense was led by Mary Halloran, Kayleigh Siebels, Holly Neal and Haley Walters.
Abby Weir, Savannah Collyer, Megan McShane and Lucy Livingston, also played well at midfield.
The Lady Bruins (6-2-5 overall, 3-1-3 PVL) are in third place in the PVL standings, Colfax (12-1-3, 4-1-2) is in second place and Placer (4-4-5, 4-0-4) is in first.
Recommended Stories For You
Next up for Bear River is a home match against Lincoln today.
Forest Lake Christian 6, Woodland Christian 1
The Forest Lake Christian Lady Falcons claimed the Central Valley California League Championship with a 6-1 victory over Woodland Christian Friday.
Senior captain Autumn Green and freshmen Amber Jackson both scored three goals each in the win.
The Lady Falcons have a non-league match with NU scheduled for Tuesday.
Forest Lake Christian 56, Sac Waldorf 43
The Lady Falcons hoops team clinched a playoff berth after knocking off the Waves Friday night.
Leading the way for Forest Lake Christian was senior Sara Ritchart with 31 points on 14-of-20 shooting. Ritchart also grabbed six steals in the win. Lily Sween chipped in nine points and Erin Johnson added nine for FLC.
The Lady Falcons (11-9, 7-2 Central Valley California League) can finish no worse than second place in the CVCL and close the regular season Tuesday at Delta.
Sac Waldorf 68, Forest Lake Christian 59
The Falcons fought hard Friday night against CVCL leader Sac Waldorf, but in the end it was the Waves that rolled away with the victory.
Forest Lake Christian trailed 19-7 after one quarter and were behind 36-22 at halftime. The Falcons would outscore Sac Waldorf 37-32 in the second half, but it wasn't enough to earn the victory.
Leading FLC was Andrew Barrozo with 17 points and eight rebounds. Brett Soria and Josh McDonald each added 13 points, and Alex Schneider chipped in nine points.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- AUTO RACING: Will Power wins Indy 500, Alexander Rossi earns 4th
- AUTO RACING: Rossi looks to have fun, pass cars at Indianapolis 500
- INDIANAPOLIS 500: Rossi to start in last row after Indy 500 qualifying
- PREP BASEBALL: Bear River’s Jake Rogers named Pioneer Valley League co-MVP
- Auto Racing: Rossi adds new sponsor ahead of Indy 500
- Suspect arrested for murder of missing Vietnam veteran Stan Norman
- Cal Fire: McCourtney, Lobo wildfires caused by trees falling into powerlines, PG&E cited
- Grass Valley police: Cab driver assaulted customer with heavy flashlight
- No bystanders injured in wreck that led to death of Grass Valley driver
- Lake Wildwood advisory still in effect