PREP GOLF: Lady Bruins cruise past Marysville; Lady Miners split a pair of league bouts
September 14, 2018
The Bear River girls golf team remains unbeaten after a record-setting effort against Marysville on Thursday.
Playing at the Par-35 Lake of the Pines Golf Course, the Lady Bruins combined for a school record score of 197 to beat Marysville by 113 strokes.
Leading Bear River was senior Hannah Prosser, who shot a 37 and was the day's medalist. Next for the Lady Bruins was Kalei Owen with a 38. Corina Shaw and Julia Picente both notched scores of 40. And, Dominique Peter rounded out the scoring with a 42.
Bear River is now 3-0 overall and 2-0 in Pioneer Valley League play. Next up is a home bout against Center Tuesday.
NEVADA UNION 273, OAKMONT 288
The Lady Miners girls golf team earned a 15-stroke victory over Foothill Valley League foe Oakmont on Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Competing at Alta Sierra Country Club, Haley McCormick led the Lady Miners with a 47. Jaden McKenna followed with a 51. Leah Ellis was next for Nevada Union with a 56. Lindsay Thomas carded a 59, and Danielle McClung rounded out the team score with a 60.
On Thursday, the Lady Miners came up just a stroke behind Ponderosa, falling 286-287.
Next up for Nevada Union is a home match against Lincoln Tuesday.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Lady Miners top Manteca, will host semifinal bout with Bradshaw Christian
- Dream of a drive
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian opens D-VI playoffs with big win over Freedom Christian
- PREP BASKETBALL: Lady Falcons edge past Sacramento Adventist in D-VI playoffs, punch ticket to semifinals
- Magical moments
- Altercation ends in man fatally stabbing himself
- Gov. Newsom set to visit Grass Valley
- Roommate dispute leads to shooting in Nevada City
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)