PREP GOLF: Lady Bruins cruise past Marysville; Lady Miners split a pair of league bouts
September 14, 2018
The Bear River girls golf team remains unbeaten after a record-setting effort against Marysville on Thursday.
Playing at the Par-35 Lake of the Pines Golf Course, the Lady Bruins combined for a school record score of 197 to beat Marysville by 113 strokes.
Leading Bear River was senior Hannah Prosser, who shot a 37 and was the day's medalist. Next for the Lady Bruins was Kalei Owen with a 38. Corina Shaw and Julia Picente both notched scores of 40. And, Dominique Peter rounded out the scoring with a 42.
Bear River is now 3-0 overall and 2-0 in Pioneer Valley League play. Next up is a home bout against Center Tuesday.
NEVADA UNION 273, OAKMONT 288
The Lady Miners girls golf team earned a 15-stroke victory over Foothill Valley League foe Oakmont on Tuesday.
Recommended Stories For You
Competing at Alta Sierra Country Club, Haley McCormick led the Lady Miners with a 47. Jaden McKenna followed with a 51. Leah Ellis was next for Nevada Union with a 56. Lindsay Thomas carded a 59, and Danielle McClung rounded out the team score with a 60.
On Thursday, the Lady Miners came up just a stroke behind Ponderosa, falling 286-287.
Next up for Nevada Union is a home match against Lincoln Tuesday.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- SENIOR SOFTBALL: Tuff Grass claims Gold Country Senior Softball Tourney Championship
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)
- ROWING: Accomplished rower looks to share sport he loves with others
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners travel to Fairfield for final non-league bout
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info