PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union girls fall in 1st round of playoffs
February 20, 2018
For the second straight season Nevada Union and Sacramento met up in the first round of the Sac-Joaquin Section D-II girls basketball playoffs, and for the second year in a row it was the Dragons earning a lopsided victory.
The Lady Miners fell behind 14-6 after one quarter and trailed 25-19 at halftime. Sacramento would pull away in the third quarter and left with a 70-45 victory.
Leading Nevada Union was Greta Kramer with 12 points. Alexa Crabb added 11 points and Meadow Aragon chipped in 10 points.
The loss ends the season for the Lady Miners, who went 12-16 and earned the No. 12 seed in the D-II bracket. Sacramento (18-10) is the No. 5 seed.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- SENIOR SOFTBALL: Tuff Grass claims Gold Country Senior Softball Tourney Championship
- AIR RACES: Tight races at incredible speeds highlight 55th annual Reno National Championships
- ROWING: Accomplished rower looks to share sport he loves with others
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Garrett Gough dominates at Nevada Union Invitational, sets course record
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Houlihan’s INT helps American River top San Mateo
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info