PREP BASKETBALL: Lady Bruins top rival Colfax
January 26, 2018
The Bear River girls basketball team scored a big victory Friday night, knocking off rival Colfax, 60-46, in a Pioneer Valley League bout at Jack R. McCrory Gymnasium.
"Our girls were prepared tonight," Bear River head coach Randy Billingsley said. "It was fun to watch. They really executed on defense and I'm proud of them."
Leading the way for Bear River was senior post player Mallory Rath, who notched a triple-double with 13 points, 11 rebounds and 10 steals. Senior point guard Kylee Dresbach-Hill tallied a team-high 17 points. Senior guard Katelyn Meylor added 15 points and pulled down nine rebounds. Senior guard Kayla Toft chipped in with eight points and sophomore guard Gabi Corralejo netted seven points and doled out three assists in the win.
Next up for Bear River (14-6, 2-3 PVL) is a road game at league foe Foothill Tuesday. Colfax (18-3, 3-2 PVL) will look to get back on track against Placer on Tuesday.
Trending In: Sports
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Nevada Union grad Tanner Vallejo continues to make impact for Browns
- PREP BASKETBALL: Ganskie Invite to raise funds for Camp Fire first responders
- PREP ROUNDUP: Lady Miners take 3rd at Rumble on the River
- PREP VOLLEYBALL: Former foes come together, help North Team win Small School Optimist All Star Game
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- Penn Valley man killed in solo crash on Highway 20
- Nevada City’s National Hotel re-opening delayed
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- The silent killer hits home: Over 400 Americans die annually from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning (VIDEO)