PREP BASKETBALL: Aragon, Cortez lead Lady Miners past Lodi
December 20, 2017
The Nevada Union girls basketball team made it six wins in their last seven games with a 54-45 victory over Lodi in a non-league bout Tuesday.
Playing in Nevada Union's West Gym, the Lady Miners grabbed an early 14-8 edge after one quarter. Lodi would close the gap and trail 27-23 at halftime. The Flames crept even closer in the third quarter and trailed 37-35 heading into the fourth. But, Nevada Union would slam the door shut on any comeback in the fourth, outscoring Lodi 17-10 in the final stanza.
Leading the Lady Miners was junior post player Meadow Aragon, who scored a game-high 21 points to go with a dominating night on the boards.
Nevada Union's Mixtli Cortez also had a big game. The senior guard got hot from deep, sinking three 3-pointers and finishing the evening with 19 points.
Senior post player Greta Kramer added nine points and senior guard Alexa Crabb came through with a big 3-pointer in the third quarter to help NU to victory.
Next up for the Lady Miners (6-3) is a non-league contest in Lincoln at 7 p.m. today. They will then compete in the Reed Tournament Dec. 28-30, and will open Sierra Foothill League play at Folsom Jan. 2
Recommended Stories For You
Coaches may submit game reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232. Deadline for submission is 8 p.m. Monday through Friday and 2 p.m. Sunday.
Trending In: Sports
- SENIOR SOFTBALL: Tuff Grass claims Gold Country Senior Softball Tourney Championship
- AIR RACES: Tight races at incredible speeds highlight 55th annual Reno National Championships
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Houlihan’s INT helps American River top San Mateo
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Garrett Gough dominates at Nevada Union Invitational, sets course record
- PREP WATER POLO: Miners off to solid start as league play nears