PREP BASEBALL: Nevada Union tops Carson for 1st win of season
March 11, 2019
Nevada Union's baseball team notched its first win of the season, topping the Carson Senators, 9-4, in non-league play Saturday at Damonte High School in Reno.
The Miners notched nine hits coming from six different players en route to the victory. Leading the way was Nick Noll with a double, a triple and an RBI. Matthew Tintle tallied two base hits and three RBIs. James Nolen also had two hits to go with two runs scored and an RBI. Zach Erlich notched a base knock, stole a base and finished with three RBIs. Seth DeSena added a double. And, Bennett King tallied a hit and also scored a run.
The Miners plated two runs in the first inning and led 4-0 midway through the third, but Carson plated three in the bottom of the inning to pull to within one. NU put two more on the board in the sixth and put the game away with three more runs in the seventh.
Tintle got the start for NU and went three innings, allowing three hits and three earned runs while striking out five. Noll pitched the final four innings, giving up four hits and one earned run while striking out four.
With an 8-7 loss against Yuba City March 5 and a lopsided loss to Reno last Friday, the Miners are now 1-2 overall.
With an abundance of wet weather the past few weeks, the Miners have had to cancel or reschedule several of their early season games.
Recommended Stories For You
Next up for NU is a home game against River Valley at 3:30 p.m. today.
Coaches may submit game reports by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- After battling anxiety and depression, fighter Danny Carranza hopes his story helps others
- PREP SPORTS: Terry Logue wins CIF Model Coach Award
- PREP MOUNTAIN BIKING: Miners grab gold at Granite Bay Grinder
- PREP SOFTBALL: Lady Miners top Lady Bruins in cross county bout
- RUNNING: Paint the Town Blue for Mitch 5K/10K set for Sunday
- Suspect in Grass Valley baby formula thefts ID’d
- Voters: Political mailer supporting Dahle for state Senate ‘incredibly deceptive’
- Suspect in Grass Valley vehicle break-in sentenced to prison
- Defendant in Grass Valley gun incident sentenced
- Driver charged with vehicular manslaughter after women dies in crash on Highway 49 in Grass Valley