Nevada Union Walkathon set for Oct. 31
October 23, 2017
Hundreds of Nevada Union student-athletes will take part in the annual NU Walkathon Oct. 31, with the purpose of building school spirit and raising funds for the renovation of the school's Strength and Conditioning Center as well as its individual sports programs.
"For our kids, it's about being a part of something larger than themselves. Extending themselves on the behalf of others," " said Nevada Union athletic director Jeff Dellis. "Our kids are role models. It's a win-win for our entire community."
Student-athletes will walk from the NU campus to Sierra College Drive, then west to Main Street and left on South Auburn. After staging in the parking lot behind Ashley Furniture, the athletes will walk together up Neal St. then right on Mill, and right onto Main Street, return to Sierra College Drive and back to the NU campus, according to http://nuwalkathon.com.
The first $50 each student raises will go towards the renovation of Nevada Union's Strength and Conditioning Center. Every dollar raised beyond $50 will directly benefit the individual athletic program in which the student is participating.
For more information about the event or to donate to the cause visit http://nuwalkathon.com.
Trending In: Sports
- SENIOR SOFTBALL: Tuff Grass claims Gold Country Senior Softball Tourney Championship
- ROWING: Accomplished rower looks to share sport he loves with others
- AIR RACES: Tight races at incredible speeds highlight 55th annual Reno National Championships
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners travel to Fairfield for final non-league bout
- PREP CROSS COUNTRY: Garrett Gough dominates at Nevada Union Invitational, sets course record
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info