Junior golf program to hold spring scramble events
May 14, 2018
The Nevada County Junior Golf Program will hold two scramble format tournaments prior to the start of the summer. Junior golfers of all abilities from the ages 8-17 are invited to attend one or both of the competitions.
The first of the two events will take place Sunday at Alta Sierra Country Club, and the second will be June 3 at the Nevada County Country Club.
A scramble format means all team members tee off on each hole and then decide which tee shot they like the best and mark the spot with a tee or ball marker. The other team members pick up their balls and place them within one club length (no closer to the hole) of the marked spot. Pairs of junior golfers will be grouped by age, gender and ability level (depending on the number of participants).
Registration for the event is currently open. The cost per player ranges from $10-15. All participants must register at least two days prior to the event at a local country club or by contacting Chris Buti at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Lady Miners top Manteca, will host semifinal bout with Bradshaw Christian
- PREP BASKETBALL: Forest Lake Christian opens D-VI playoffs with big win over Freedom Christian
- PREP BASKETBALL: Bear River bounces Calaveras, advances to 2nd round of Division IV playoffs
- PREP BASKETBALL: Lady Falcons edge past Sacramento Adventist in D-VI playoffs, punch ticket to semifinals
- Gov. Newsom set to visit Grass Valley
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Altercation ends in man fatally stabbing himself
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)