HOLE IN ONE: Gaddis, 82, notches ace during club play
May 10, 2018
Proving once again that golf is a game for all ages, 82-years young Mel Gaddis scored his first career hole in one May 2 at Nevada County Country Club.
Gaddis aced the 156-yard Par 3 hole No. 5 using his 5-iron during men's club play. He celebrated with teammates Mike Argento, Gary Deardorff and Bill Roach.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Alex Cook, Sierra College off to strong start in Big 8 play
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union tennis tops Oakmont; Bear River golf remains unbeaten in league play
- PREP ROUNDUP: NU girls cross country wins 1st league meet, boys take 3rd
- Tips for Salmon fishing on the Feather River
- Nevada County couple facing animal cruelty charge back in jail
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- ‘We have your back’: Nevada County residents rally behind Blasey Ford
- UPDATE: Police say Old Tunnel Road death likely accidental
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body