Golden 1 Center to host CIF State Basketball Championships through 2021
March 7, 2018
SACRAMENTO— The CIF Executive Committee has once again selected the Sacramento Kings and the state‐of‐the‐art Golden 1 Center to host the CIF State Boys and Girls Basketball Championships.
After winning the opportunity to host the championships for two years, beginning with Golden 1 Center's inaugural season, the world‐class sports and entertainment facility in Downtown Sacramento will continue to welcome student athletes, their families and fans, educators, and basketball fans for years to come.
"The CIF is grateful to the Kings organization for their continued support of education‐based athletics," said CIF Executive Director Roger L. Blake. "Golden 1 Center is a world‐class facility,
providing many memorable moments for all those involved in the CIF State Basketball Championships."
The Kings organization has long supported student‐athletes in Sacramento and through the CIF Championships. At Golden 1 Center and the team's previous venues, the organization has
hosted 20 state finals.
Recommended Stories For You
"Hosting the student‐athletes who will become future stars, on and off the court, is an incredible honor that we take very seriously," said Sacramento Kings President of Business Operations John Rinehart. "We're excited to welcome basketball fans around the state to Sacramento for a fantastic weekend full of excitement and entertainment."
Tickets for the 2018 Championships on March 23 and March 24 will are already on sale. Fans can purchase online at Golden1Center.com or at the arena box office.
Golden 1 Center is the world's most technologically advanced and sustainable arena. Student athletes and coaches will be treated to the NBA's newest accommodations, while fans in the stands enjoy the most progressive "Farm‐to‐Court" dining program in the league.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: NU grad Alex Cook, Sierra College off to strong start in Big 8 play
- Tips for Salmon fishing on the Feather River
- PREP ROUNDUP: Nevada Union tennis tops Oakmont; Bear River golf remains unbeaten in league play
- REC SOFTBALL: Snipers take down 2018 Championship
- Nevada County couple facing animal cruelty charge back in jail
- UPDATE: Police say Old Tunnel Road death likely accidental
- ‘We have your back’: Nevada County residents rally behind Blasey Ford
- Nevada County sheriff: Suspect said he forgot about having drugs on him
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge