COMMUNITY: Local golfers raise funds for SNMH Cancer Center
December 20, 2017
The Ladies Golf Group at the Nevada County Country Club in Grass Valley has raised $1,526 for the Sierra Nevada Memorial Hospital Cancer Center.
The money raised will go to the cancer support groups.
Bobbie Heard, chairman of the Ladies Group Cancer Tournament, presented the check to Kimberly Parker, executive director of the SNMH Foundation.
"I'd like to thank everyone in our Ladies Group and in our Men's Club for making this year's cancer drive so successful," said Heard. "The money will be used here in our own community to battle this terrible disease."
Coaches and event organizers may submit game and event reports by email at email@example.com or by phone at 530-477-4232.
Trending In: Sports
- PREP BASKETBALL: Lady Miners top league foe Lincoln; FLC soars past Delta
- ALUMNI NOTEBOOK: Menary goes on scoring surge; Sumner beats ranked opponent
- All-time great linebacker Matt Beck to be inducted into Nevada Union Athletics Hall of Fame
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union’s comeback falls short against Lincoln
- PREP BASKETBALL: Nevada Union tops Ponderosa; Bear River comes up clutch against Marysville; FLC surges past Sac Waldorf
- Grass Valley man accused of threatening to kill, gut officers
- Snow, rain totals for Nevada County beating last year
- Authorities rule Roseville woman’s death a suicide
- Meet Your Merchant: Business started when owner found a niche during the Great Recession
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Man found in ditch collecting crystals