Shelter guest killed by drug mixture | TheUnion.com
YOUR AD HERE »

Shelter guest killed by drug mixture

A 25-year-old Folsom construction worker found dead at Hospitality House had a mixture of several over-the-counter and prescription pharmaceutical drugs in his system, a toxicology report revealed this week.

“He basically put himself to sleep and never woke up,” Nevada County Sheriff’s Lt. Bill Evans said Thursday. Nicholas Foster’s death appeared to be an accidental overdose, he said.

Foster had more than seven drugs in his system ” including Vicodin, Valium, methadone, codeine, an antihistamine and two types of muscle relaxants ” police said.



Foster’s father, Don Foster, of Folsom, said Thursday his son had been suffering from walking pneumonia, poison oak and an enlarged bladder at the time of his death, and may have been taking over-the-counter drugs to treat his symptoms.

Read Saturday’s edition of The Union for the entire story.


Support Local Journalism


Support Local Journalism

Readers around Grass Valley and Nevada County make The Union’s work possible. Your financial contribution supports our efforts to deliver quality, locally relevant journalism.

Now more than ever, your support is critical to help us keep our community informed about the evolving coronavirus pandemic and the impact it is having locally. Every contribution, however large or small, will make a difference.

Your donation will help us continue to cover COVID-19 and our other vital local news.

 

Start a dialogue, stay on topic and be civil.
If you don't follow the rules, your comment may be deleted.

User Legend: iconModerator iconTrusted User