Obituary of Ruth Maurer
December 4, 2018
Ruth Maurer passed away on November 29, 2018.
She was born in Monrovia, CA, on August 23, 1928. Ruth earned her B.A. from Pepperdine University. She taught at Colton High School in Colton, CA. Ruth married Robert Maurer in 1952, and lived in Duarte, CA until moving to Nevada City in 1979.
She loved volunteering in her many local clubs when she wasn't busy at the gym. She was an active member of Soroptimist International, Lady Elks, Moose Lodge, Road Runner travel club, and Sierra Presbyterian Church.
She is survived by four children, Bob Jr., Kathleen and Joan of Nevada County and Pam of Covina, CA; 6 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren.
She will forever be remembered for her love of life, friends and family.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County authorities find explosive device in Glenbrook Basin; businesses evacuated, no one hurt
- Nevada County correctional officer named in suit also faces criminal charges
- Nevada City cannabis dispensary gets approval for adult-use sales
- Nevada City man faces felonies for honey oil lab
- THE UNION NOW: Live feed from the newsroom