Obituary of Ronny Gale Boggs
March 21, 2018
Ronny Gale Boggs passed away on March 13, 2018 in Nevada City surrounded by his loving family. He was 71.
He was born in Yuma Arizona July 29, 1946 to Clifton and Alford Vohnell (Eccles) Boggs.
Ron was a master carpenter, a craft taught to him by his father, and he in turn taught to his oldest son Shawn Boggs. Together Ron and Shawn Boggs worked on commercial and residential construction in Arizona, Nevada and California for over 25 years. They specialized in restoring historic structures in Virginia City and Grass Valley in the later part of his career.
Ron got his first taste of placer gold mining in the early 1970's and it became a lifetime hobby and passion spending many vacations on the Middle and North Yuba Rivers. He and his family settled in Camptonville in 2002, enjoying life in the Sierra foothills and gold dredging on their mining claim on the North Yuba River.
He is survived by his children Shawn Steven Boggs, Ron Clifton Boggs, Krista Boggs-Piot; step daughter Cinde Best, and beloved dog Frodo. Ron spent the last 6 years of his life in a loving relationship with Kim Koons of Nevada City.
He is preceded in death by his wife of 44 years, Merlene E. (Koch) Boggs and his brother Clifton Steve Boggs.
He will be greatly missed by all who knew him.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’