Obituary of Paul ‘Buddy’ McCoy
July 25, 2014
Paul 'Buddy' McCoy passed away suddenly on July 22, 2014. He was 47.
A celebration of life potluck will be from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Aug. 2 at the North San Juan Fire Hall, 10057 Reservoir Street, NSJ.
Buddy was born Dec. 14, 1966 in Nevada City to Dave McCoy and Judy Parker.
A lifelong resident of Nevada County, Buddy attended N.U., where he was on the wrestling and football teams. He graduated high school from Pliocene Ridge High School.
He worked a variety of jobs but favored working as a plumber.
Buddy enjoyed spending time with his children, grandchildren, family, and spending time at the lake and camping.
Buddy's laughter, jokes, wicked sense of humor, smiling eyes and hugs will be missed by all.
He is survived by his parents, Dave and Judy; brothers, Joey McCoy and Leonard Sawyer; sisters, Becka McCoy and Liz Stewart; sons, Josh McCoy, Tyler McCoy, Jimmy McCoy and Rock Brown; daughters, Lilli McCoy, Dayzi McCoy and Jenee Murray; grandson, Brently McCoy; granddaughter, Hayden McCoy; the mothers of his children, Collette DeRossette and Alicia Peevey and numerous nieces, nephews, aunts, uncles and cousins.
Buddy was preceded in death by his grandmother, Doshia Caskey; grandfathers, John Caskey, Thomas Rice and Robert Joseph McCoy Sr.
Memorial contributions can be made to gofundme.com expenses for Buddy McCoy.
Arrangements are under the care of Chapel of the Angels Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years
- UPDATE: Bill Smethers concedes sheriff’s race after viewing media reports