Obituary of Michael Joseph Agee
December 1, 2017
Michael Joseph Agee of Rocklin, California died peacefully on November 8, 2017 after a long battle with pancreatic cancer. He was 76. His loving companion and caregiver, Diane and his sister were at his bedside.
Mike's career in education spanned 52 years as a high school teacher and administrator in the Bay area and Sacramento area after receiving his Masters degree from San Jose State. He was a bright and innovative educator who truly loved his profession, even working as a substitute teacher until his death. He was an avid sportsman playing and following multiple sports, especially football. He was a Giants and 49er fan for life. He attended University of Michigan after high school and was a member of the football team. Mike was also an accomplished pianist, playing everything from classical to rock and roll. He played with multiple bands and played for church services (was a member of the United Methodist Church) and many family occasions.
Mike leaves his two loving daughters, Leslie and Meredith; two grandchildren, Mallery and Jake and a great grandchild on the way, as well as many extended family members and very dear friends.
The family requests that in lieu of flowers, contributions be made to further pancreatic cancer research or to Hospice.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s