Obituary of Margaret Cecelia Kennedy Byrom
July 18, 2017
Margaret Kennedy Byrom
Margaret Cecelia Kennedy Byrom passed away on July 3, 2017 at her home surrounded by her family. She was 80.
Private services will be held.
Margaret was born in Winthrop, Massachusetts on February 14, 1937 to then Capt. Harry V. and Katherine Kennedy.
She worked hard all her life. She and her husband, Ben, worked timelessly and provided the best life for their children. That was their focus.
Once retired, Ben and Peg moved to Grass Valley to thoroughly enjoy retirement. Margaret enjoyed playing golf on a daily basis with Ben and numerous friends. She played in numerous tournaments and fundraising golf events.
Margaret was on the board of Friends of Hospice and served as treasurer, was an active member of New Comers and served in numerous capacities then, she enjoyed bridge and belonged to a least three groups. Margaret was an active member and officer in the Nevada County Republican Women Organization assisting with fundraising. She was approved by the Board of Supervisors to the Commission on Aging. She was also a member of the Board of Friends of Hospice and Board of Broad Street Theatre. In addition, she and Ben made time for family, friends, and travel. Family was primary to her and provided much wisdom to family and friends alike. Margaret had a wicked Irish sense of humor.
She is survived by her husband of 61 years Ben; four children, Elizabeth, Edward, Abigail and Matthew; three grandchildren and four great grandchildren.
Margaret was preceded in death by her parents, Col. Harry V. and Katherine (nee Foley) and her five siblings.
Memorial contributions may be made to Hospice of the Foothills.
Arrangements are under the care of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- Penn Valley man killed in solo crash on Highway 20
- Nevada City’s National Hotel re-opening delayed
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- The silent killer hits home: Over 400 Americans die annually from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning (VIDEO)