Obituary of Marceline T. Barbeau
January 17, 2018
Marceline T. Barbeau passed away peacefully on Jan. 1, 2018, in Sacramento, CA.
Marci was born March 23, 1929 in Grass Valley, CA to Sylvester and Hilma Nugent.
After she graduated from St. Mary's Business School, she met and married Louis Barbeau and they relocated to Sacramento, CA, where they had seven children.
She later worked as legal secretary and eventually retired at the age of 80 from The County of Sacramento.
Her interests included reading, bowling, dancing and traveling with her family. Her favorite place to visit was Maui. She loved rock n roll music and even went to see the Rolling Stones at age 70. She was generous, kind and always put her family first.
Marci is survived by her sons, Thomas, Joseph (Melanie), Stephen, Anthony (Diana) and John Barbeau, of Sacramento; daughter Kathleen Jones of Grass Valley, CA; three grandchildren and two great grandchildren; her sister Leona McLaughlin of Rocklin as well as a niece and two nephews.
She was preceded in death by her mother and father and daughter, Christine.
A graveside service will be held at 1 p.m., on February 2, 2018, at St. Patricks Cemetery in Grass Valley, Ca.
We will miss her very much.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- Nevada County Sheriff’s detectives arrest four suspects in string of burglaries
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station