Obituary of Lillian Reichert
February 2, 2017
Lillian Reichert passed away surrounded by family on Jan. 18, 2017. She was 93.
Memorial services will be held at 11 a.m. on Feb. 11, 2017 at the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints 615 Hollow Way, Nevada City.
She was born Dec. 23, 1923 at home in Salina Utah to George and Bertha Simper. Lillian had nine sisters and one brother. After graduating High School from North Sevier High School in 1942 she joined the Navy Waves. Lillian was a WWII Veteran and served as a teletype operator from 1944-1946. On June 25, 1948 she married Ronald O. Reichert and was a mother of two sons and one daughter.
Lillian loved to dance, she was in a tap dance club in high school. She also loved playing golf, reading, canning and was an avid gardener. Learning to quilt at the age of 80 she had been donating her quilts to the children hospitals in Utah and California. She was a faithful member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. She has resided in Grass Valley the past three years.
Her great sense of humor, wonderful attitude, and a loving mother will be greatly missed.
She is survived by sons Jerry Reichert of Blodgett Oregon, Doug Reichert of Grass Valley; and daughter Deborah Murnan of Grass Valley; two sisters Nell and Carol; eight grandchildren; and seven great grandchildren.
Trending In: Obituaries
- State of the union: Grass Valley’s 151 Union Station to close its doors
- HEW property owner plans another run at development
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- Cal Fire: McCourtney, Lobo wildfires caused by trees falling into powerlines, PG&E cited
- Joseph Ward, facing murder charge, tells authorities victim was secret society member