Obituary of Katherine Elizabeth Lorson
March 14, 2019
Katherine Elizabeth Lorson passed away on February 25, 2019. She was 84.
Services are being held at 11 a.m., on Friday March 15, 2019, St. Patrick's Catholic Church.
Katherine was born in Yukon, Ok to James and Bertha Selement. She received a doctorate from U.S.C. As an educator she spent a lot of time upgrading textbooks and/or rewriting chapters as wells making sure the schools she visited were up to date on their required curriculum. Katherine was honored by Santa Clara County where she was both a teacher and department head. She traveled extensively for her professional organizations.
She loved music, theatre, travel, and real property projects.
Katherine will be missed by those who knew her and by those who didn't.
She is survived by her daughters Nancy Tostenson of Auburn, CA, Linda Lorson of Portland, OR and Lisa Oliveira of Dallas, TX.
She was preceded in death by her sisters Dorothy Gamboni and Mildred Reddick.
Arrangements are under the care of Hooper and Weaver Mortuary.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Driver charged with vehicular manslaughter after women dies in crash on Highway 49 in Grass Valley
- Developer revives Dorsey Marketplace; Grass Valley releases Draft EIR (Read the doc)
- Suspect in Grass Valley baby formula thefts ID’d
- Cascade Canal Trail to open after Nevada County court agreement
- Nevada County authorities charge 2 with embezzlement