Obituary of Jane Landry
May 2, 2018
Jane Landry passed away peacefully in her sleep at her home on April 8, 2018. She was 93.
Jane was born in Stockton, California, on June 10, 1924 to Frederick William and Germaine Keuchler. In her early years, Jane developed a love for animals. Not only did she have dogs, cats and birds growing up, she also had less conventional pets…two bobcats, a spider monkey, two capuchin monkeys, and a pelican.
Jane graduated from Stockton High School in 1942 and subsequently received her Associate of Arts degree in Business Administration from Stockton Junior College. During her lifetime, Jane worked for the Dept. of the Navy on Treasure Island, and later for the Danville School District. She retired in 1989 from the Dept. of Social Services in Grass Valley, California.
Jane was a world traveler, visiting places such as Africa (twice), Tibet, Turkey, China, Mongolia, and India. She enjoyed hot air ballooning on African Safaris. During her travels, Jane became an accomplished amateur photographer, particularly enjoying photographing wildlife.
In her final years, Jane enjoyed having lunch with her friends at Paulette's Country Kitchen in Grass Valley.
Jane is survived by a son, Scott, of Nevada City, and a daughter, Germaine, of Depoe Bay, Oregon. She is preceded in death by a son, Pete, and her husband, John, who passed away five years ago at the age of 101. They were married 61 years.
Trending In: Obituaries
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years