Obituary of Evelyn Horan
October 11, 2017
Evelyn Horan passed comfortably with her son by her side on October 5, 2017.
She was born on April 4, 1926 in Kansas to Clinton and Eva Taylor. She moved to California in the 1940s, where she remained for the rest of her life.
She worked many years as an electronic assembler. For the last 40 years she resided in Grass Valley.
Evelyn was actively involved in Evangeline Chapter 9 Eastern Star.
She is survived by her loving son Ron (Mary) Swanson of Lincoln; three grandsons, Jeff (Stacey) of Virginia, Dennis (Andrea) of Colorado, and Robert (Sara) of Rohnert Park; and five great-grandchildren, Colby, Keegan, Jacob Kaylynn, and Taylor. Also leaves behind her beloved poodle, Cindy, the last of many. She is preceded in death by husband Clayton Horan.
Public viewing will be held from 3 to 5 p.m., on Monday, Oct. 16 at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary. Private family services will be held at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims