Obituary of Evelyn Horan
October 11, 2017
Evelyn Horan passed comfortably with her son by her side on October 5, 2017.
She was born on April 4, 1926 in Kansas to Clinton and Eva Taylor. She moved to California in the 1940s, where she remained for the rest of her life.
She worked many years as an electronic assembler. For the last 40 years she resided in Grass Valley.
Evelyn was actively involved in Evangeline Chapter 9 Eastern Star.
She is survived by her loving son Ron (Mary) Swanson of Lincoln; three grandsons, Jeff (Stacey) of Virginia, Dennis (Andrea) of Colorado, and Robert (Sara) of Rohnert Park; and five great-grandchildren, Colby, Keegan, Jacob Kaylynn, and Taylor. Also leaves behind her beloved poodle, Cindy, the last of many. She is preceded in death by husband Clayton Horan.
Public viewing will be held from 3 to 5 p.m., on Monday, Oct. 16 at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary. Private family services will be held at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s