Obituary of Evelyn Horan
October 11, 2017
Evelyn Horan passed comfortably with her son by her side on October 5, 2017.
She was born on April 4, 1926 in Kansas to Clinton and Eva Taylor. She moved to California in the 1940s, where she remained for the rest of her life.
She worked many years as an electronic assembler. For the last 40 years she resided in Grass Valley.
Evelyn was actively involved in Evangeline Chapter 9 Eastern Star.
She is survived by her loving son Ron (Mary) Swanson of Lincoln; three grandsons, Jeff (Stacey) of Virginia, Dennis (Andrea) of Colorado, and Robert (Sara) of Rohnert Park; and five great-grandchildren, Colby, Keegan, Jacob Kaylynn, and Taylor. Also leaves behind her beloved poodle, Cindy, the last of many. She is preceded in death by husband Clayton Horan.
Public viewing will be held from 3 to 5 p.m., on Monday, Oct. 16 at Hooper and Weaver Mortuary. Private family services will be held at a later date.
Trending In: Obituaries
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info