January 10, 2014
Floy Duncan Moreman Preslar of Lake Wildwood, Calif., died peacefully in her home surrounded by her loving family after a short battle with cancer.
Floy was originally from Birmingham, Ala., where she was raised by her mother, Floy Louise Ellington Moreman, and her father, James Moreman.
She attended the University of Auburn and graduated with a Bachelor of Art in education with a minor in art. She kept in touch with childhood friends from Edgewood Elementary School in Homewood, Ala., And Shades Valley High School in Birmingham, Ala.
Floy was an avid painter and an active member of The Lake Wildwood Art Group. She won many awards for her paintings. Her work can still be seen at http://wildwoodartclub/id49.html. She loved to travel and entertain. Her southern hospitality and charm were always appreciated and admired by her friends and family.
She is survived by the love of her life, Bill Preslar; sons Brad and Roger Neef; stepdaughters Lisa Preslar-Neef, Teresa Preslar and Katrina Preslar-Reed; daughter-in-law, Elise Neef; son-in-law, Harvey Reed; grandchildren Jessica Preslar, Rachel Preslar, Justin Neef, Allison Neef, John Neef, Nicole Wallworth, Lauren Wallworth and Jared Wallworth; older sisters Jean Anne Small and Marjorie Andreason; and brother, James Moreman Jr.s
Trending In: Obituaries
- BREAKING: Nevada County looks to extend contract with Sammie’s Friends
- Search underway for missing Vietnam vet
- Former Auburn Police officer charged in decades old ‘Golden State Killer’ cases
- Chico man shot, killed after vehicle pursuit through Nevada, Placer counties
- George Boardman: Will it be business as usual with new sheriff?