Volunteers needed for meals on wheels
January 7, 2018
Gold Country Community Services is looking for volunteer "meals-on-wheels" drivers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Organizers say the program, which requires just a few hours of volunteer service a week, is a tremendous help when it comes to monitoring the well-being of home bound seniors in Nevada County.
The only qualification is a valid driver's license and "a big heart."
For volunteer information, call 530-273-4961 and visit http://www.goldcountryservices.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Documentary chronicles life of human rights activist Grace Lee Boggs
- Dave and the Cool Beans to rock the Nevada Theatre
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Hospice of the Foothills hosts the Fourth Annual Volunteer Awards
- Passport service no longer available at the Grass Valley Post Office
- Grass Valley’s Clint Walker, star of TV’s ‘Cheyenne,’ dies at age 91
- No bystanders injured in wreck that led to death of Grass Valley driver
- 30-unit housing development proposed for Grass Valley
- State of the union: Grass Valley’s 151 Union Station to close its doors
- HEW property owner plans another run at development