Volunteers needed for meals on wheels
January 7, 2018
Gold Country Community Services is looking for volunteer "meals-on-wheels" drivers on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Organizers say the program, which requires just a few hours of volunteer service a week, is a tremendous help when it comes to monitoring the well-being of home bound seniors in Nevada County.
The only qualification is a valid driver's license and "a big heart."
For volunteer information, call 530-273-4961 and visit http://www.goldcountryservices.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Tahoe National Forest issuing 200 Christmas tree cutting permits
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Nationally known quilter to speak in Grass Valley
- Toys for Tots registration announced
- Judge Garen Horst to speak at Nevada County Jewish Community Center
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail
- Get in the holiday spirit Sunday during Victorian Christmas in Nevada City
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation
- Nevada County Police Blotter: Woman reports boyfriend won’t listen to her