Volunteers needed for meals on wheels and Grass Valley senior lunch program
January 12, 2018
Gold Country Community Services is currently seeking much-needed volunteers. Since funding for the local RSVP volunteer organization was discontinued, Gold Country Community Services must now take on the sole responsibility of recruiting for more than 100 crucial volunteer positions. GCCS is currently seeking volunteer delivery drivers to join a team of drivers for the Meals on Wheels program. Volunteers are needed from 10:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. just one day a week and must own a car, have a good sense of direction and a friendly smile. Currently drivers are needed for Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, as well as substitute drivers, who fill in for regular drivers when ill or on vacation. If interested, call Charity Bryson at 530-273-4961.
Also needed is a hostess/receptionist at the Gold Country Senior Café, where volunteers greet and seat senior guests, answer phones to free up staff during meal service, provide program information and referral assistance. Volunteers are needed from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. one or two days a week. If interested, please call Nicole Grimes at 530-615-4541.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Tahoe National Forest issuing 200 Christmas tree cutting permits
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Toys for Tots registration announced
- Nationally known quilter to speak in Grass Valley
- Judge Garen Horst to speak at Nevada County Jewish Community Center
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail
- Get in the holiday spirit Sunday during Victorian Christmas in Nevada City
- Penn Valley man killed in solo crash on Highway 20
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation