United Way of Nevada County celebrates first year of Food Access Saturday
August 6, 2018
This Saturday, Aug. 11, will be the next Food Access Saturday.
Through the Food Access Saturday program, any working individuals and families who need food can pick up nutritious supplemental groceries from 10 a.m. to noon. United Way of Nevada County, in partnership with Interfaith Food Ministry distributes food on the second Saturday of each month.
The program was specifically designed to help working individuals and families who need help putting food on their table. So far, through the program, over 1,045 individuals have been served, with over 2,350 bags of food distributed. This month marks the one-year anniversary of the program.
United Way of Nevada County strives to assure individuals and families in Nevada County are able to meet their basic need for food, emergency shelter and access to health care.
The distributions take place at 440 Henderson St., in Grass Valley, from 10 a.m.-noon on the second Saturday of each month. For more information contact United Way at 274-8111 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Source: United Way of Nevada County
Trending In: News Briefs
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Nevada County Social Singles open to new members
- Tahoe National Forest issuing 200 Christmas tree cutting permits
- Penn Valley Firefighters’ Association breakfast Sunday
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city
- UPDATE: Bitney Prep High School lockdown has ended
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- A number of Nevada County schools closed Friday