Tommyknockers annual dinner in Nevada City helps Shriners Hospital
July 17, 2018
The Tommyknockers Shrine Club will host its annual fundraising dinner from 5 to 9 p.m. on Aug. 6 at the Nevada City Northridge Restaurant, located at 773 Nevada Street. The Northridge will donate a percentage of dinner proceeds to the club, which participates in local children's events, parades and supports the Shriners Hospital for Children in Sacramento. More than 200 infants and youths from western Nevada County were treated in 2017 at no cost to families.
Members will be on hand to answer questions regarding the Shriners Hospital's services, which often includes transportation and/or lodging. Ailments treated most commonly include orthopedics, burns, spinal injuries and plastic surgery (generally not available through health insurance). Shriners Hospital provides treatment, teaching and research of childhood ailments. Orders may be placed to go or to dine in during the four hour event. Door prizes will be offered hourly. For more information, email Al Schafer at email@example.com or call 530-271-0766.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- That’s the spirit: Nevada County’s first locally-crafted spirits make their debut