Strony performs music of the season in Grass Valley
December 11, 2017
Nationally recognized organist Walt Strony will perform music of the season in a free concert at 5 p.m. today at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St., near downtown Grass Valley. Strony is staff organist at Peace Lutheran, and presents the second in the congregation's annual series of free, 30-minute holiday mini-concerts.
Thomas Greathouse, organist and pianist for Emmanuel Episcopal Church, also will perform. No offering will be taken — organizes say these concerts are the church's gift to the community.
On Dec. 20, the mini-concert will feature the Bells of Peace handbell choir and a local recorder ensemble. Each concert is followed by Holden Evening Prayer, a 30-minute format of evening prayer with singing, chanting and Bible readings.
To those interested in making a donation to Peace's Lutheran's Organ Fund, a basket will be available at the back of the church; earlier this year, the church launched a campaign to raise money to replace the organ in the sanctuary.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada City ‘Uber driver’ sentenced to four years
- Suspected shooter evades police on motorcycle on Highway 49 through Nevada County
- Nevada City considers moratorium on some cannabis manufacturers
- House rules: The Pour House open for business in Grass Valley
- Nevada County judge sentences child molester to 12 years