South Yuba River State Park, Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park and Empire Mine State Historic Park volunteer sign-up and orientation.
March 13, 2018
Volunteer sign-ups and orientation for three Sierra Gold Sector State Parks — South Yuba River State Park, Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park and Empire Mine State Historic Park — are scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on March 17 at Empire Mine State Historic Park's Docent Room.
The session will discuss "what a volunteer means to California state parks" and review park policies, procedures and philosophy. The group will be guided through the hiring paperwork and discuss the benefits of being a state park volunteer. Since a criminal background check is required prior to working as a volunteer, there will be an on site finger printing "live scan" being conducted during the Saturday session. Individuals will need to bring to the sign-up a photo ID and a $12 check or cash for the background processing.
Volunteers are a vital entity in helping keep state parks alive and well. For more information, email Jenna Randar at email@example.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Tahoe National Forest issuing 200 Christmas tree cutting permits
- ‘Little Free Library’ offers free books and takes donations
- 11th Annual Daddy Daughter Dance in Grass Valley
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Nevada City health club to be repurposed as ‘cannabis campus’
- Meet your merchant: Grass Valley’s adult store and lingerie shop has had a discreet following for more than 15 years
- UPDATE: Bill Smethers concedes sheriff’s race after viewing media reports