South Yuba River State Park, Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park and Empire Mine State Historic Park volunteer sign-up and orientation.
March 13, 2018
Volunteer sign-ups and orientation for three Sierra Gold Sector State Parks — South Yuba River State Park, Malakoff Diggins State Historic Park and Empire Mine State Historic Park — are scheduled from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. on March 17 at Empire Mine State Historic Park's Docent Room.
The session will discuss "what a volunteer means to California state parks" and review park policies, procedures and philosophy. The group will be guided through the hiring paperwork and discuss the benefits of being a state park volunteer. Since a criminal background check is required prior to working as a volunteer, there will be an on site finger printing "live scan" being conducted during the Saturday session. Individuals will need to bring to the sign-up a photo ID and a $12 check or cash for the background processing.
Volunteers are a vital entity in helping keep state parks alive and well. For more information, email Jenna Randar at email@example.com.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info