Shannan Moon named ‘Woman of Persistence’
April 4, 2018
Nevada County Sheriff's Capt. Shannan Moon was honored as a "Woman of Persistence" during the March 27 Grass Valley City Council meeting.
Council member Jan Arbuckle presented the award from the League of California Cities to Moon. Arbuckle currently is second vice-president for the league and is a former member of the league's Women's Caucus.
The Women of Persistence award is given annually and is a celebration of women who have persisted in their journey for equality, change, growth and improvement in their communities.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Nevada County Social Singles open to new members
- Tahoe National Forest issuing 200 Christmas tree cutting permits
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada Union High School Class of 2003 reunion
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city
- UPDATE: Bitney Prep High School lockdown has ended
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- A number of Nevada County schools closed Friday