Shannan Moon named ‘Woman of Persistence’
April 4, 2018
Nevada County Sheriff's Capt. Shannan Moon was honored as a "Woman of Persistence" during the March 27 Grass Valley City Council meeting.
Council member Jan Arbuckle presented the award from the League of California Cities to Moon. Arbuckle currently is second vice-president for the league and is a former member of the league's Women's Caucus.
The Women of Persistence award is given annually and is a celebration of women who have persisted in their journey for equality, change, growth and improvement in their communities.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Update: McCourtney Road closed due to gas line break
- Goldancers Square Dance Club celebrates 66 years
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Social Singles open to new members
- American Legion Auxiliary’s ‘Leona’s Luau Fundraiser’ coming to Grass Valley Vets Hall
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Nevada County Sheriff’s detectives arrest four suspects in string of burglaries