Seven Hills fifth grader raises funds for Scooter’s Pals rescue dogs
March 1, 2018
Ten year old Bren Altenbach of Grass Valley, right, raised $87 to help Scooter's Pals rescue dogs and presented his donation to founder Susan Wallace, left, at Saturday's pet adoptathon in Petco in Grass Valley. Altenbach's funds will pay for one spay and one neuter, or nine microchips, said Wallace.
"We are honored by Bren's help and his example of charitable youth making a difference," she added. "Scooter's Pals pays no salaries and takes no personal expenses. Every dime we gather goes to help our dogs while we locate them good forever homes."
A fifth grader at Seven Hills Intermediate School in Nevada City, Altenbach earned his money selling his art on reusable shopping bags and by collecting recyclables around the neighborhood. Above, he holds rescue puppy "Sno Flake."
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Judge Garen Horst to speak at Nevada County Jewish Community Center
- Grass Valley grief support group open to new members
- Grass Valley Knights of Columbus help airmen in need
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s