Scooter’s Pals in need of donations for pet medical care
June 15, 2018
Scooter's Pals, a nonprofit devoted to caring for rescued pets and placing them in foster homes, has depleted their veterinarian medical care fund and is in desperate need of donations.
"I wish I knew how to predict when a dog we rescue that appears healthy and ready for adoption needs a surgery — or has an ear infection that must be treated and cannot wait for us to raise more funds," said founder Susan Wallace. "But frankly most of the shelters don't do a close enough examination of their animals to report what the dog is experiencing medically."
No amount is too small to donated, added Wallace.
Scooter's Pals is a Nevada County 'last chance' animal rescue organization that rescues dogs and some cats and places them in foster homes when available. For more information or to donate, visit http://www.scooterspals.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Penn Valley Firefighters’ Association breakfast Sunday
- Tahoe National Forest issuing 200 Christmas tree cutting permits
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Nevada County Social Singles open to new members
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims