Scooter’s Pals in need of donations for pet medical care
June 15, 2018
Scooter's Pals, a nonprofit devoted to caring for rescued pets and placing them in foster homes, has depleted their veterinarian medical care fund and is in desperate need of donations.
"I wish I knew how to predict when a dog we rescue that appears healthy and ready for adoption needs a surgery — or has an ear infection that must be treated and cannot wait for us to raise more funds," said founder Susan Wallace. "But frankly most of the shelters don't do a close enough examination of their animals to report what the dog is experiencing medically."
No amount is too small to donated, added Wallace.
Scooter's Pals is a Nevada County 'last chance' animal rescue organization that rescues dogs and some cats and places them in foster homes when available. For more information or to donate, visit http://www.scooterspals.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info