Public invited to Rotary Community Awards Ceremony
March 5, 2018
The five Western Nevada County Rotary Clubs will be holding a Rotary Community Awards Ceremony at 5:30 p.m. March 28 at the Nevada County Fairgrounds to honor businesses, volunteers and citizens of the year. The event will include a dinner and ceremony to honor the nominees and winners. Nominees were selected based on their philanthropy, community support and volunteerism in the community. Business nominees include Antonio's Catering, Byer's Leaf Guard, Grass Valley Eye Care, Hansen Brothers, Piziali Construction, Riebe's Auto Parts, SPD Markets and Weiss Brothers Nursery. Citizen nominees include Bill Drown, David Jones, George Rebane, Bart Riebe and Sarah Woerner. Volunteer nominees include Bob Alteiri, Mike Austin, Mary Jane Huenergardt, Howard Levine, Marty Lombardi, Barbara Ross, Carol Scofield and Bob Zucca.
The public is invited to attend and help Rotarians celebrate these fine businesses and individuals! A final winner in each category will be announced that evening. Tickets are $30 each and can be purchased online at http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/3331509 or by contacting a Rotarian.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- That’s the spirit: Nevada County’s first locally-crafted spirits make their debut