Organization fosters leadership among girls
March 19, 2013
Last year, the Leadership Council of the Friendship Club hosted its first Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser and Raffle. A few adult mentors provided guidance, but the girls did all the work. This year, one of their own stepped up to take on the leadership of this event as her senior project. Friendship Club senior Jasmine Aebersold has been leading her peers through the planning of the event and will continue to do so until the completion of the event.
The Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser will be from 5 to 8 p.m. March 29 in the dining room of the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. Tickets may be purchased at http://friendshipclub.org. To-go orders will be available as well. In addition to a dinner of spaghetti, salad, bread, dessert and drink, there will be a raffle of local donated items.
For information, contact Denise Tambasco at 530-264-4311 or visit http://.friendshipclub.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Woman sentenced to 4 months in jail in Nevada County child abuse case
- Grocery delivery service set to launch in Nevada County
- Not all homeless people want help when it’s offered, Nevada County officials say
- Highway 49 wreck causes serious injuries
- San Francisco woman dies near Purdon Crossing, Nevada County coroner says