Organization fosters leadership among girls
March 19, 2013
Last year, the Leadership Council of the Friendship Club hosted its first Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser and Raffle. A few adult mentors provided guidance, but the girls did all the work. This year, one of their own stepped up to take on the leadership of this event as her senior project. Friendship Club senior Jasmine Aebersold has been leading her peers through the planning of the event and will continue to do so until the completion of the event.
The Spaghetti Dinner Fundraiser will be from 5 to 8 p.m. March 29 in the dining room of the Grass Valley Veterans Memorial Building. Tickets are $7 in advance and $10 at the door. Tickets may be purchased at http://friendshipclub.org. To-go orders will be available as well. In addition to a dinner of spaghetti, salad, bread, dessert and drink, there will be a raffle of local donated items.
For information, contact Denise Tambasco at 530-264-4311 or visit http://.friendshipclub.org.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Authorities rule Roseville woman’s death a suicide
- Grass Valley man accused of threatening to kill, gut officers
- Snow, rain totals for Nevada County beating last year
- Grass Valley police say suspected burglar was found with counterfeit money
- Meet Your Merchant: Business started when owner found a niche during the Great Recession