Nevada County unemployment rate lowers slightly
April 24, 2018
California's Employment Development Department released its March 2018 numbers last week. The report found that Nevada County's unemployment rate is hovering around 3.7 percent, slightly lower than the 3.8 percent statistic reported in February.
The numbers reflect a gain of 300 jobs in the county since March 2017, with the greatest gain being seen in government jobs. The greatest loss has been in Education and Health Services fields.
The California unemployment rate was reported at 4.2 percent, slightly higher than the national average of 4.1 percent. Colusa County listed the highest unemployment rate in the state at 18.9 percent.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Nevada County Social Singles open to new members
- Tahoe National Forest issuing 200 Christmas tree cutting permits
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada Union High School Class of 2003 reunion
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city
- UPDATE: Bitney Prep High School lockdown has ended
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- A number of Nevada County schools closed Friday