Nevada County unemployment rate lowers slightly
April 24, 2018
California's Employment Development Department released its March 2018 numbers last week. The report found that Nevada County's unemployment rate is hovering around 3.7 percent, slightly lower than the 3.8 percent statistic reported in February.
The numbers reflect a gain of 300 jobs in the county since March 2017, with the greatest gain being seen in government jobs. The greatest loss has been in Education and Health Services fields.
The California unemployment rate was reported at 4.2 percent, slightly higher than the national average of 4.1 percent. Colusa County listed the highest unemployment rate in the state at 18.9 percent.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Gov. Newsom set to visit Grass Valley