Nevada County unemployment rate lowers slightly
April 24, 2018
California's Employment Development Department released its March 2018 numbers last week. The report found that Nevada County's unemployment rate is hovering around 3.7 percent, slightly lower than the 3.8 percent statistic reported in February.
The numbers reflect a gain of 300 jobs in the county since March 2017, with the greatest gain being seen in government jobs. The greatest loss has been in Education and Health Services fields.
The California unemployment rate was reported at 4.2 percent, slightly higher than the national average of 4.1 percent. Colusa County listed the highest unemployment rate in the state at 18.9 percent.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- Rough and Ready caregiver arrested in suspected financial elder abuse
- Human skull found in Truckee off Highway 89
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Attorneys in vehicular manslaughter case now have toxicology, vehicle info