Metal artist’s open studio this weekend in Nevada City
November 30, 2017
Accomplished metal artist Ginny Davis, will host an open studio at her home from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Saturday and Sunday, located at 13689 Brannon Court in Nevada City.
In 2016, Davis moved back to Nevada City from Napa, where her metal garden had been featured in Sunset magazine and many Napa area publications.
Her commissioned pieces can also be found in private gardens across the U.S. and Canada.
"They came to see the house. They stayed to enjoy the art," Davis said of the whimsical, wildly colorful metal sculptures she creates, which are inspired by music, poetry, or by the offbeat objects she discovers in her journeys.
Davis and her husband now live at their colorful house, studio, and five-acre gallery showroom just eight minutes from downtown Nevada City.
Davis got her start building metal sculptures when she turned 50, after she took a welding class in Napa.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Meet your merchant: The Mermaid on Mill Street has been around since 1991
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Waste Management to host Tire Amnesty event
- Grass Valley Knights of Columbus help airmen in need
- UPDATED: Fire units on scene at structure fire on Mill Street in Grass Valley
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Inmate at-large, walks away from Washington Ridge camp
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening