Kiwanis Annual Community Fitness Day in Grass Valley
February 11, 2018
The Gold Country Kiwanis Club will host its annual Community Fitness Day fundraiser from 4 to 7 p.m. on Feb. 16 at the Training Zone gym in Grass Valley. Classes offered will include spinning, Qigong, Silver Sneakers and Tai Chi. Live entertainment will be from 4:30 to 5 p.m., with food and drink provided throughout the three-hour event.
With a suggested donation of $15 per person, all proceeds will go to the children's Back-to-School Clothes Program, which is sponsored by Kiwanis, Kmart and the Grass Valley School District.
Through the program, approximately 65 children are taken shopping for school clothes, a backpack and supplies. The cost to sponsor a child for the Back-to-School event is $125. Interested donors are encouraged to write a check to Gold Country Education and Youth Benefits Foundation. Federal ID# 80-0238035. Checks can be brought to the Community Fitness event or mailed to Gold Country Kiwanis, P.O. Box 721, Grass Valley, CA 95945.
Class times include Qigong, from 4 to 4:30 p.m.; Tai Chi, 5 to 5:30 p.m.; Silver Sneakers 5:30 to 6 p.m.; Spinning (bicycling) 6 to 7 p.m.
The Training Zone is located at 722 Freeman Lane in Grass Valley.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Democratic women presentation in Nevada City on climate change action
- Chabad brings Purim holiday to life in Grass Valley
- Grass Valley grief support group open to new members
- Meet your merchant: The Mermaid on Mill Street has been around since 1991
- Major electrical infrastructure company moves headquarters to Nevada City
- Traffic stop yields 2 arrests, discovery of items stolen from South Yuba River State Park
- Vintage ice cream cart stolen in Nevada City dumped at Rood Center
- Nevada County authorities charge 2 with embezzlement
- Nevada Irrigation District customers vent frustration with proposed water rate hike