Johnny Cash and Patsy Cline tribute benefits veterans
April 17, 2018
The Vietnam Veterans of America will host a "Johnny Cash & Patsy Cline Tribute Concert" at 8 p.m. on April 28 at the Center For The Arts in Grass Valley. Organizers say the benefit concert will raise funds for "any veteran with a desperate need." Tickets can be purchased at the Center For The Arts by 530-274-8384, at BriarPatch Co-op or online at http://www.vetsconcert.com.
Committed to their motto, "never again will one generation of veterans abandon another," the Vietnam Veterans of America actively supports legislative efforts for a wide range of veterans' issues including "fixing the Veterans Administration" so that veterans of every era will receive the care they need. In particular, the VVA has taken a strong position on the treatment of illnesses resulting from exposure to toxic material including Agent Orange and treatment for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Source: Vietnam Veterans of America Chapter 535
Trending In: News Briefs
- Meet your merchant: The Mermaid on Mill Street has been around since 1991
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Waste Management to host Tire Amnesty event
- Grass Valley Knights of Columbus help airmen in need
- UPDATED: Fire units on scene at structure fire on Mill Street in Grass Valley
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Inmate at-large, walks away from Washington Ridge camp
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening