Holiday surprise for Nevada County children in need
December 11, 2017
Interfaith Food Ministries received a holiday surprise when Higgins Diggins Lions Donna Prince, middle, and Betty Sandland, right, delivered nearly 100 Christmas gift bags filled with toys and treats for distribution to local children. The club also presented IFM Executive Director Sue Van Son, left, a check for $250 to purchase food for the needy during the holidays.
In January, Higgins Diggins Lions Club will celebrate their 40th year of serving the needs of the community. Since their charter in 1978, members have raised and donated more than $1 million to many worthy causes and charities. One of their major projects is the Higgins Lions Community Center located on the corner of Magnolia and East Hacienda roads in Southern Nevada County. The facility is available for public and private use for meetings, parties and gatherings for a nominal fee. For more information call 530-268-3782.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Grass Valley man sentenced to five years for unlawfully manufacturing ghost guns
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)