Handbells, recorders perform in free Grass Valley concert
December 17, 2017
Music of handbells and recorders will ring out in a free performance at 5 p.m. on Dec. 20, at Peace Lutheran Church, 828 W. Main St. in Grass Valley.
"Bells of Peace" is the resident handbell choir at Peace Lutheran. Members will play music of the season, including an arrangement of "Sing we Now of Christmas." Pastor Eileen Smith Le Van and Rebecca DeCourten will perform a duet of "Angels We Have Heard on High."
The Thursday Night Recorder Group, an ensemble of eight musicians, also will perform works from the 1400s through the 1700s.
The evening performance concludes Peace Lutheran's annual series of free, 30-minute Christmas mini-concerts. For 25 years, these concerts have been the church's gift to the community — created to help people find relief from the holiday rush. No offering will be taken during the concert. If anyone wishes to donate to the Peace Organ Fund, a basket will be available at the back of the church (the church has launched a campaign to replace the aging organ in the sanctuary). After the mini-concert, the audience is invited to stay for a short evening prayer service, starting about 5:30 p.m. For more information, visit http://www.PeaceLutheranGV.org or call 530-273-9631.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County authorities haven’t yet ID’d burned body
- One arrested, thousands of marijuana plants seized on San Juan Ridge
- Grass Valley man sentenced to five years for unlawfully manufacturing ghost guns
- Fatality involved with fire off Old Tunnel Road (VIDEO)
- PREP FOOTBALL: Miners shutout Fairfield for 3rd win in a row (PHOTO GALLERY/VIDEO)