Grass Valley book reading with Suzie Daggett on Wednesday
May 21, 2018
Nevada County author Suzie Daggett will read from her book, "The Pink Door — Mom's Journey to the Other Side," at 5:30 p.m. on May 23 at The Book Seller, located at 107 Mill St. in Grass Valley. Daggett will share personal insights about "what it means to honor the dying wishes of an elder, the importance of love, the value of forgiveness and permission to pass."
Daggett views the book as a road map to assist families and caregivers in the end moments, conveying the sentiment that dying is a nature process to be cherished and protected. A discussion to share and normalize the dying process plus questions and answers will follow.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Prepping for the Red Light Ball in Grass Valley
- Judge Garen Horst to speak at Nevada County Jewish Community Center
- Grass Valley grief support group open to new members
- Governor talks wildfire preparedness, rural broadband in Grass Valley
- Gray wolf OR-54’s return to Nevada County part of ‘dispersal’ activity
- SCHOOL CLOSURES: Western Nevada County schools closed today
- Nevada County authorities ID fatal stabbing victim
- Rona Cook & Carissa Cook Stroh: We would like to humbly thank you all for supporting Friar Tuck’s