Grass Valley book reading with Suzie Daggett on Wednesday
May 21, 2018
Nevada County author Suzie Daggett will read from her book, "The Pink Door — Mom's Journey to the Other Side," at 5:30 p.m. on May 23 at The Book Seller, located at 107 Mill St. in Grass Valley. Daggett will share personal insights about "what it means to honor the dying wishes of an elder, the importance of love, the value of forgiveness and permission to pass."
Daggett views the book as a road map to assist families and caregivers in the end moments, conveying the sentiment that dying is a nature process to be cherished and protected. A discussion to share and normalize the dying process plus questions and answers will follow.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Penn Valley Firefighters’ Association breakfast Sunday
- Tahoe National Forest issuing 200 Christmas tree cutting permits
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- 11th Annual Daddy Daughter Dance in Grass Valley
- Free adult education courses offered in Nevada County
- High-speed chase through Nevada County ends in crash, arrest of two robbery suspects
- OUTPOURING OF LOVE: Forest Lake Christian community lends helping hand to Paradise Adventist Academy during time of need
- Farewell, sole man: Owner of Dave’s Shoe Repair dead at 82
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims