January 3, 2018
Dr. Jean Creasy and Dr. Sara Woerner were guest speakers at the Annual District Soroptimist Convention, which included Grass Valley, Reno, Woodland, Chico, Sacramento, Auburn and Roseville Soroptimist clubs.
Creasy shared information about her international work with the Kellermann Foundation and Woerner talked about two local projects, the "Read Me Story" project and the KARE Crisis Nursery.
Soroptimist of the Sierra Foothills, which hosted the event, donated to both doctors and their organizations, as a thank you for their time educating THE clubs about their nonprofit work that benefit women and children.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Additional ballot drop box available at North San Juan Library
- Still time to enjoy Soroptimists’ Garden Tour in Western Nevada County
- Q&A with sheriff candidate Moon in Grass Valley
- Celebrate Rwanda — market and feast this Sunday in Grass Valley
- Nevada County aviation scholarship opportunity from Golden Empire Flying Association (GEFA)