January 3, 2018
Dr. Jean Creasy and Dr. Sara Woerner were guest speakers at the Annual District Soroptimist Convention, which included Grass Valley, Reno, Woodland, Chico, Sacramento, Auburn and Roseville Soroptimist clubs.
Creasy shared information about her international work with the Kellermann Foundation and Woerner talked about two local projects, the "Read Me Story" project and the KARE Crisis Nursery.
Soroptimist of the Sierra Foothills, which hosted the event, donated to both doctors and their organizations, as a thank you for their time educating THE clubs about their nonprofit work that benefit women and children.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Nevada County lion attack is instead an assault, victim in stable but critical condition
- New Nevada County firearm rules go into effect Jan. 10
- Former Nevada County resident ‘Cappy’ Gordon killed in Montana
- Nevada County supervisors eye Old Tunnel Road land for homeless services
- The silent killer hits home: Over 400 Americans die annually from unintentional carbon monoxide poisoning (VIDEO)