‘Duck Soup’ the next ‘Silver Screen’ classic shown in Auburn
December 25, 2017
Screen Classic Movie Series continues on Jan. 6 with the 1933 classic, "Duck Soup." The Marx Brothers movie features Groucho, the farcical president of Freedonia, who goes to war because he's put a month's rent on the battlefield.
Also he wants to cozy up to Margaret Dumont. The movie is shown at noon, 3:30 and 7:30 p.m. in the Beecher Room of the Auburn Library, 350 Nevada St. in Auburn. Presented by the Library, the movie is free.
For information, call 530-878-7938 or visit http://auburnsilverscreen.com. The next film in the series is "Some Like It Hot," to be shown on Feb. 3.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Tahoe National Forest issuing 200 Christmas tree cutting permits
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Toys for Tots registration announced
- Nationally known quilter to speak in Grass Valley
- Judge Garen Horst to speak at Nevada County Jewish Community Center
- Nevada County missing man case: Signs of violent struggle found
- Grass Valley man sues Nevada County, Sheriff’s Office, over leg broken at jail
- Get in the holiday spirit Sunday during Victorian Christmas in Nevada City
- Penn Valley man killed in solo crash on Highway 20
- Disappearance of Nevada County man turns into homicide investigation