Classified school ‘Employees of the Year’ honored
May 18, 2018
Classified employees from seven Nevada County school districts and the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools were recently given the honor of "Classified School Employee of the Year."
Employees were honored for their contributions to the education of California's public school students in preschool through grade 12. The goal of the program is to identify exemplary classified school employees in the categories of child nutrition; maintenance, operations and facilities; office and technical; para-educator and instructional assistance; support services and security; and transportation.
Through a panel of judges and the California Department of Education guidelines, the Nevada County Superintendent of Schools office will send one person from each category to the state level as a county-wide employee of the year, who will then be considered for the honor of California State Classified Employee of the Year. This year's honorees are Annie Hestbeck, Al Rivera and Gail Beitz.
Also honored were Karen Montre, Valerie Jones, Kim Boundy, Liz Randall and Erin Riley.
Source: Nevada County Superintendent of Schools
Trending In: News Briefs
- Meet your merchant: The Mermaid on Mill Street has been around since 1991
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Waste Management to host Tire Amnesty event
- Grass Valley Knights of Columbus help airmen in need
- UPDATED: Fire units on scene at structure fire on Mill Street in Grass Valley
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Inmate at-large, walks away from Washington Ridge camp
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening