Acrylic and watercolor exhibit at Smith Tasting Room in Grass Valley
February 26, 2018
Acrylic and watercolor paintings by Grass Valley resident Vivien Kane will be featured during the months of March and April at the Smith Winery Tasting Room, located at 142 Mill Street in Grass Valley. A reception is scheduled from 4 to 7 p.m. on March 17. Kane will show her creations of acrylic paint poured onto canvas, in addition to watercolor landscapes and portraits of wild and domestic animals. Kane is a longtime student of Susan Barry, whom she says has been a source of encouragement and inspiration in Kane's growth as an artist.
The Smith Winery Tasting Room is open from noon to 6 p.m. weekdays, except Tuesdays. Weekend hours are noon to 7 p.m. on Saturdays and 1 to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Update: McCourtney Road closed due to gas line break
- Goldancers Square Dance Club celebrates 66 years
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada County Social Singles open to new members
- American Legion Auxiliary’s ‘Leona’s Luau Fundraiser’ coming to Grass Valley Vets Hall
- Rain and snow headed for Grass Valley: 18 to 24 inches of snow forecast through Monday
- Woman sentenced to 10 years in prison for deaths of Nevada Union High School students (VIDEO)
- What a mess: Power outages, downed trees and traffic hazards hit Nevada County
- Pump skimmers found at Nevada City gas station
- Nevada County Sheriff’s detectives arrest four suspects in string of burglaries