Acrylic and watercolor exhibit at Smith Tasting Room in Grass Valley
February 26, 2018
Acrylic and watercolor paintings by Grass Valley resident Vivien Kane will be featured during the months of March and April at the Smith Winery Tasting Room, located at 142 Mill Street in Grass Valley. A reception is scheduled from 4 to 7 p.m. on March 17. Kane will show her creations of acrylic paint poured onto canvas, in addition to watercolor landscapes and portraits of wild and domestic animals. Kane is a longtime student of Susan Barry, whom she says has been a source of encouragement and inspiration in Kane's growth as an artist.
The Smith Winery Tasting Room is open from noon to 6 p.m. weekdays, except Tuesdays. Weekend hours are noon to 7 p.m. on Saturdays and 1 to 5 p.m. on Sundays.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Meet your merchant: If Deby Hendrickson can’t fix your sewing machine, chances are it isn’t broken
- Nevada County Social Singles open to new members
- Tahoe National Forest issuing 200 Christmas tree cutting permits
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Nevada Union High School Class of 2003 reunion
- WELCOME HOME: Pro disc golfer Gregg Barsby honored with key to city
- UPDATE: Bitney Prep High School lockdown has ended
- UPDATE: T-Mobile store in Grass Valley robbed again, Grass Valley police say
- A helping hand: Where and how to donate to Camp Fire victims
- A number of Nevada County schools closed Friday