A ‘Season For Peace And Non-Violence’
January 25, 2018
The Association for Global New Thought will run its 20th commemorative "Season For Peace and Non-Violence" from January 30 through April 4. January 30 will be the 70th memorial anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi, and April 4 will be the 50th memorial anniversary of the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Anticipating this year's season there will be an opening event at 2 p.m. on Jan. 28 at Unity in the Gold Country Spiritual Center in Grass Valley. Various spiritual and religious groups will participate in this event which will include music, readings from King and Gandhi, guest speakers, and interfaith prayers. All are welcome. Prior to the opening event, Unity will host a "Living Room Conversation on Social Equity" from 12:30 to 2 p.m. These 'conversations' are meant to bring people of different opinions together in a safe space to further sharing and understanding.
For more information, visit http://www.livingroomconversations.org.
Also, a showing of the movie "White Like Me" with group discussion will be hosted by Sierra Center for Spiritual Living at 12:30 p.m. on February 25.
Trending In: News Briefs
- Meet your merchant: The Mermaid on Mill Street has been around since 1991
- Squeaky clean: Nevada County man launched own window washing business at 18, still growing five years later
- Nevada County building department discusses tiny house regulations
- Waste Management to host Tire Amnesty event
- Grass Valley Knights of Columbus help airmen in need
- UPDATED: Fire units on scene at structure fire on Mill Street in Grass Valley
- All Thai’d up: After a year of preparation, Chandara Thai opens in Grass Valley
- North San Juan resident arrested in Nebraska pot bust takes plea
- Inmate at-large, walks away from Washington Ridge camp
- Renovation of Nevada City’s National Hotel on pace for December reopening